Should I Replace My Missing Teeth?
There are several reasons why you can lose one or more of your teeth. Many people are affected by this but have to postpone replacement treatment for various reasons. A missing tooth is seen mostly as an issue affecting only your appearance, but the complications it has go way beyond that.
If you have any missing teeth, you should have them replaced sooner rather than later, and we will explain why.
Why You Should Replace Missing Teeth
The most obvious reason is having a pleasant smile. Missing front teeth can have a great impact on your self-esteem, and sometimes it affects your ability to get the job you want or have the relationships you would like. But physical complications must also be taken into account.
Missing teeth affect the health of your jaw bone. When you have healthy teeth and you use them for eating, speaking, and other actions, they put a certain amount of pressure on your jaw bone. This stimulates the bone to keep regenerating and be strong.
If you have a missing tooth, your bone tissue can recede and affect your face structure, as well as your ability to eat and speak correctly. If you postpone a dental implant for too long, you may need to get a bone graft before considering this option.
What Options Do I Have for Replacing My Teeth?
There are several options for replacing missing teeth, some temporary, and some permanent. Here are the main ones:
- Dental Implants: Implants are a permanent solution and they require multiple visits to the dentist before they are fully healed. They might need a bone graft if your bone tissue has receded.
- Dentures: They are not supported by screws inside your jaw bone, but they are placed in the gap and held in place by adhesive or just clasped in place. They are one of the cheapest options.
- Implant-Supported Bridge: If you have multiple missing teeth, this option has advantages. You get two dental implants which will be used as support for a bridge that replaces the other teeth.
- Tooth-Supported Bridge: Instead of an implant-supported bridge, a tooth-supported one is cheaper, but still gives you a natural look. Your natural teeth get a crown that will support the bridge in between them.
- Flipper: A temporary solution for missing teeth, it’s a cheap alternative until you find a better solution, because in some cases, it might be uncomfortable to wear.
Book an Appointment Today
If you have one or more missing teeth and you are not sure which treatment is best for you, book a consultation at Timberlake Dental. Dr. Rodney Chowning and his team have the experience and expertise needed to assess your case in detail and suggest the best treatment option for you.
Get in touch with our team, tell them about your problem, and schedule an appointment with our specialists.
Comments are closed.